"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se" Charles Eames

Book review: Flea Market Decorating

Posted: Mar 10, 2011 | Posted by ana | Labels: , , , ,



I received a copy of Flea Market Decorating: creating style with vintage finds last friday & as a hawk that dives into the air to catch its prey, I sat at the edge of the bed, with the book in my lap for the first flick through, page by page, quickly, a second time more slowly to sip every detail.

What a great book! I wasn't sure if this was what I was looking for when I ordered it, you never know when you buy books online, sometimes you can rely on previous customers reviews, but that can also be subjective because it depends on the expectations of each individual, but it turned out to be exactly the kind of book I was looking for.

It's full of tips on thinking laterally when using flea market finds in your home & how can you blend different finds in one totally different piece. Lots of fabulous pictures, references to flea markets & thrift shops around the world, in case you like to include flea market visits in your vacation plans.

The book does not say that to your house look like this you have to buy this & that & add this or that, which I would personally hate. The way it shows the different environments & pieces leaves an open path to creativity & helps to sharpen the look for your next visit to a flea market.

I totally recomend it <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Dear reader,
I'd love to know your thoughts about this post.
Thanks,
ana

Followers