"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se" Charles Eames

Featured artist: nomilktoday

Posted: Feb 22, 2011 | Posted by ana | Labels: , ,

Are you having a good day so far my dears? I hope so, if not I'm sure the interview with this talented crafter will help you to put your mood right back where it should be.

Eva is a polymer clay jewelry artist living in Athens - Greece. She's also a student of Agricultural Biotechnology. During her childhood she made jewelry from recycled objects, shells, etc with her best friend & since January 2010 she runs this magnificent shop called nomilktoday {I mean... the name itself it's fantastic} where she sells her colorful & geometric jewelry made of polymer clay.

Let's find out a bit more about Eva & her creative process


1. Is it easy to be creative everyday?
Well, that’s a nice question. No, it’s not easy, and yes you have to get used to it! I have accepted that, so the days I feel creative I just take a pencil and a paper and file my ideas to use them in the future!


2. What's the best part of your day?
I think, the best part is when I work on a new design, and choose the color palette. A satisfying result is my “energy drink”. Apart from this, I really enjoy convos on Etsy, as a way to get connected with the community!
{I do like convos to so I totally understand what you mean}


3.The first time you sold something to someone who was not a friend or a relative what did you feel?
Hagar from Israel (she also owns a shop) was the first one, non-relative, to buy something from my shop, last spring. I still remember the day, I found the transaction mail and how thrilled I was! Also, she has been my most returning customer so far, and I really thank her for this!


4.Is there anything else you can imagine yourself doing for a living?
To tell you the truth, I am an amateur jewelry maker. I am a student in Agricultural university here in Athens, and will continue my studies with a Master degree next year. So this will be my main occupation, but I will try to keep working on polymer clay jewelry…it relaxes and satisfies me, and it’s always nice to be and feel creative! I hope to be able to combine them!
{I hope so to, you should try to keep both "jobs" because your work is really amazing}


5. Is there anything in particular that fuels your creativity as an artist
Don’t know if it really works, but I am an observing person. I always notice the details. In these, you can find inspiration. From a shadow and a light, to an angle and a secret color. If you are inspired, then being creative is much easier. Above all, I am always creative when I am in a good mood, so I try hard to be happy with the people I love!
{I know how Athens can be inspiring, it is a city so full of life & color, so I'm guessing is not to hard to find inspirational details on your everyday life}


6. What was the best strategy (in case you tried any) to increase your sales?
I haven’t tried much to increase my sales. I try to take nice photos for my Etsy listings, and keep my prices reasonable, while I am always open to convos and custom orders, something that I also expect as a buyer. I keep my facebook fan page and flickr page, regularly updated, and being blogged is always proved to be the best way to attract more attention. Also, I really enjoyed a recent giveaway, and will take part in more giveaways in the near future!
{Maybe you can accept to do a giveaway on Spot 92 blog sometime in the future!?}


7. Tell us something random or quirky about yourself.
That’s funny! Maybe the quirkiest thing about me, is that I usually don’t wear jewelry, especially mine!! Creating them, is much better!!
{Honestly you should wear some of your pieces because you'll sell them for sure & always have cards with your shop link with you in case someone asks. I've read in lot of forums that this is one of the best ways to promote your work, I've done this a few times & it really works}

I hope you enjoyed this interview & Eva's work as much as I did. She's such an amazing artist, easy to talk with. She does such a beautiful work with polymer clay. Modern and urban & yet so feminine. You should really pay a visit to her shop.

{ Thank you so much Eva for this lovely interview }

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer Young said...
  2. eva is the best! glad you interviewed her :)
    j.

  3. ana said...
  4. She is isn't she? I love her work, I found her on your blog & had to buy one of her gorgeous rings

  5. Jennifer Young said...
  6. oh how sweet! I totally want to buy all her products haha!
    j.

Post a Comment

Dear reader,
I'd love to know your thoughts about this post.
Thanks,
ana

Followers