"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se" Charles Eames

Featured artist: myself :)

Posted: Feb 15, 2011 | Posted by ana | Labels: ,

My dear readers, how are you all doing today?

Well, I reserved tuedays to feature fabulous artists that I've been adding to my favorites list for a few years now. The list is huge which is something good, because it gives me a lot of options to choose from, but I believe that to start I should do it myself, to feel the difficulties of answering my own questions. Here it goes. Hope you're all ready :)

1. Is it easy to be creative everyday?
well, easy it is but accomplishing something is totally different. My mind is always pumping with new ideas, I try to organize myself, I have notebooks full of written ideas to use somewhere in the future, when I have the time needed, when the idea is totally mature, etc, etc
Besides that I try to be creative when I cook, specially because cooking for children is a chalenge, at least cooking for my daughters. On monday they like chicken but on tuesday they don't anymore so it's kinda hard to know how are they going to react.


2. What's the best part of your day?
Let me see... I guess it's when I go pick my daughters to school, I love to see their faces & sometimes I'm lucky enough and I don't need to beg for a kiss in the cheek or a big hug {moms are always suffering}. Then is has to be after they go to bed, with the house finally in silence & can work on my projects.


3. The first time you sold something to someone who was not a friend or a relative what did you feel?
Amazingly confident. Although my friends & family were very sweet in the begining I really need to prove myself that my pieces had what it take to be purchased by a lot of different people.


4. Is there anything else you can imagine yourself doing for a living?
Yes, I'm also a webdesigner {to be honest I could skip this one} but I'm also a photographer & illustrator. I love to make photography.


5. Is there anything in particular that fuels your creativity as an artist?
This might sound like a cliché but my daughters fuel my creativity a lot. Have you noticed how kids use colors? Before i was mother for the first time I only had black, white & grey clothes, soon after being blessed with maternity I was wearing everycolor you can imagine, prints, pattern clothes, you name it.
The other fuels are what surrounds me, colors, sounds, patterns. I love architectural forms. I might see a shape in a building for ex. & then I spend hours trying to reproduce it on one of my cowls.



6. What was the best strategy (in case you tried any) to increase your sales?
I'm still trying to figure it out. Having a piece featured on Etsy's FP lead to a lot of visits, I've also been featured on some Etsy's newsletters & that made me sell a few items.
I've tried to advertise on a few different places, like blogs, websites, e-magazines but wasn't able to measure the quantity of sales brought by those advertising campaigns.


7. Tell us something random or quirky about yourself.
something random: I have freckles on my lips {always heard that was a sign of intelligence :P }
something quirky: Even in the hottest summer night I just can fall asleep if i have my feet covered

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Dear reader,
I'd love to know your thoughts about this post.
Thanks,
ana

Followers